What To Look Out For If You Want To Work From Home
It would be very easy to assume that everyone wants to go back into an office environment after the pandemic is under control. However, there are many people who are still too nervous to go into an office. Many would prefer to embark on a career that they do mostly or exclusively from home. Here we list some of the options you might have if working from home feels like the right move for you for the foreseeable future.
- Web developer
- Computer support specialist
- Virtual assistant
- Marriage and family therapist
- Paralegal/legal assistant
- Franchise owner
- Social media specialist
- Licensed insurance representative
- Medical transcriptionist
- Data entry specialist
- Graphic designer
- Customer service representative
- Software developer
- Website tester
- Registered nurse
- Meeting, convention and event planner
- Bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerk
Many of these might require you to up-skill or even retrain. There are many options available for people to engage in online courses before embarking on a new career.
Avoid Online Work From Home Scams
Unfortunately, there is much work from home scams out there, ready to take advantage of the current situation. Always trust your gut when taking on any new role. Make sure to watch out for tell-tale signs that something isn’t right:
- The hirer is a brand new or non established company.
- The job ad doesn’t contain the company name and asks applicants to reply to a blind email address.
- There doesn’t appear to be a Human resources department or any way to pose questions to any specific department.
- There doesn’t seem to be any mention of company benefits or holiday/sick day policies
- There doesn’t appear to be an application or interview process. You are simply offered the position immediately.
- The employer cant seems to detail the job duties and expectations.
- References/work samples are not requested.
- They say you need to work a week or trial period unpaid to ‘see if we both fit one another’.
- If it is a sales position they only offer OTE, (on-target earnings), there is no basic salary